Friday, January 2, 2009

Back on the Blogging Wagon

Also named: New Year’s Resolutions

I’m not one to usually make New Year’s Resolutions. However, I have done 2 things today that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, so I’m thinking maybe that is progress enough to feel confident to make a few resolutions. Let me start with what I’ve done today. First, I did some spiritual reading along with morning prayer this morning. I paid a whopping 99 cents for an app on my iPhone called iBreviary. It has the Divine Office (or Liturgy of the Hours) loaded on the for each day, so I decided to give it a whirl. Second, I finally peeled off 2 stickers inside my car that have been there since last summer. One was just the sticky from an old registration sticker, and the other was my 07-08 UD parking sticker (yes, it has been piled up with the 08-09 since August…).

Anywho, here’s a few things I’m thinking about sticking with this year:

  1. I want to keep up with this blog! I seriously want to write 1-2x a week on here. I can’t believe it’s been since October since I’ve posted anything. I feel like such a slacker. I seriously got so wrapped up in writing for school that I didn’t think I had any more words. Really, I just didn’t make it a priority. Is anyone even still reading this thing? I promise, I will give you more, and more interesting, material!
  2. I want to go get my allergy shot 2x a week. Random, I know. But, I have to wait 20 minutes each time I go, so I feel like it is such a chore! I was lucky to make it in 1x/week last fall. I want to do what I’m supposed to do to try to get rid of these allergy problems – and that means a 2x/week commitment!
  3. I want to do more spiritual practices. I want to read more spiritual books. I want to go on a silent retreat at Montserrat. I want to do morning and evening prayer. The reading stuff may go out the window as soon as school starts back in two weeks, but maybe I can get into a routine between now and then. Plus, it will give me many more interesting things to share with you here!
  4. I want pick out pictures and order my wedding album. It is already paid for as part of the package we got, but for many reasons I won’t list here we just haven’t done it. This seriously needs to be done before the end of this month!!
  5. I want to organize my time better. That includes me getting up earlier in the morning – a struggle I have had all my life and will continue to have everyday. (this is something I did NOT do today...arg!)

Ok, so 5 resolutions. Not too bad. Do you have any to share? Any ideas to help me with any of mine?

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to writing more in 2009. :)

4 comments:

Paolo Padrini said...

thanks for your post and for their valuable suggestions. iBreviary is still under development and your suggestions will certainly be useful to add new features.
I hope that through your blog many people may know ibreviary and you can spread the news to your contacts. Thank you
fr. paolo padrini

Kristen & Brooks said...

just wanted to say that we got married in april 06 and didn't order or wedding pics (or pick them out) until August!!! I still need to go pick them up! Hope ya'll are doing well! :) Good Luck with your resolutions!

kborn said...

nice. it took us a year to get our album together too!! :) can't wait to read up on you!

Anonymous said...

we're still out here! One blogger to another, don't feel guilty about a break in posts... sometimes you need a breather to regroup. On the other hand, don't feel like every post needs a week of thought. Off the cuff is fine - we're all friends here. :)