Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Fantastic Response

There's been lots of reaction over the past couple of weeks to the letter from the Dallas & Ft. Worth Bishops that I posted about recently. The reaction has been as local as conversations within my parish, and as national as some news and blogs across the U.S. Lots of emotion and lots of passion in these waning of days of this never-ending election.

I received this email from a friend of mine, and this person absolutely hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have asked more perfect feedback. How could you ask more of someone that to think a little bit? Without further ado...

i read your blog the other day with the link to the letter from the DFW bishops. i must thank you for posting that link . . . . . . you must know that my political tendencies lean much farther left than most of those in my family, and close to me. my argument with the catholic church has always been that the church has a strong, strong, sometimes-forgotten history of forward-thinking in areas of social justice (important to this social worker!!!!! :) ). and, of coure, the democrats fair much better in this area . . . . so, the letter made this democrat THINK and that is never a bad thing. my vote may not be changed (of course i did not tell you who i am voting for, or were going to vote for!), but i am a more informed CATHOLIC VOTER after reading the letter.

i appreciate you for writing the blog and attaching the link - maybe it made a difference to others, too.

No comments: