Friday, January 23, 2009

And so it begins...

Ok, so I wanted to try really REALLY hard not to post anything political for awhile. I OD'd on that last fall.

And I wanted to try really REALLY hard to absorb the excitement of this new president and give him the benefit of the doubt.

But, it is really REALLY hard for me to do that when he has already started taking steps against life. Seems like there are bigger issues going on inside our country that he should be worried about.

ABC News: Obama Overturns 'Mexico City Policy' Implemented by Reagan

I also find it strange that this guy held off to the day after the anniversary of Roe v. Wade because signing this on the actual day would be "too combative." Seriously? One day later is less combative? He was just afraid of all the wonderful people in town for the March for Life.

Please pray for our new administration. And pray hard. Obama needs it.

And for those of you in the Dallas area, all parishes should be participating in a postcard campaign against FOCA. Please make your voice heard for life!

-----
Posted using ShareThis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For real, it makes me sick! But I guess he is prompt in delivering for his backers.

The Siebenalers said...

The postcard campaign to fight FOCA is everywhere! Our parish is doing it, my in-laws' parish is doing it - we all have a voice! In addition to that, you can google Fight FOCA and sign up for a newsletter - there are many ways we can get our voices out there.

By the way, in the last few years I have learned that the Susan G. Komen Foundation is a huge supporter of Planned Parenthood and other clinics that perform and encourage abortions. So many Catholics participate in the annual Runs (or Walks or whatever) I think because they don't know where their money is actually going! I would encourage everyone to do your own research about the affiliation that Susan G. Komen has with Planned Parenthood and then speak out about it - it is so sad that so many people support this - there are many other breast cancer awareness and education groups out there - and if you're doing it for the exercise, consider the March of Dimes!

Thanks for having this blog, Julie. It reminds me of the reasons I am Catholic and also of the light I've always seen in you as a spiritual guide.

Julie said...

Becca,

You are so right - we do have a voice!

The Komen-Planned Parenthood link is heavy on my heart also. From what I understand, each individual chapter determines where their money goes. 2 years ago Dallas did give their money to PP, but last year it looks like they didn't - yay! People should definitely do their research.

You're welcome, Becca, for the blog, that's my job as your Confirmation sponsor, right?? ;) I just wish I took more time to write.

Miss you!
Julie

The Siebenalers said...

I think you're right about the local chapters being able to decide where the money goes but a percentage of the money still goes to the national chapter, I think. I don't know. I wish I could do more to inform Catholics about this affiliation - it really bothers me. Ugh... what to do? Hope your paper on grace is going well...